Monday, May 9, 2011

Total and complete Randomness

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Ours was peaceful (just how I like it). Anytime I don't have to be in a huge hurry to go go go, I'm one happy (and extremely lucky) woman! So anytime I get asked what I'd like for a holiday usually my response is peaceful family time (who couldn't use more of that in their life right?!).


(When did they grow up? 6hrs old in the picture)


Friday was full of interesting surprises, remember those green beans I said I was planning on picking? Turns out there were more than I thought I had!  Not to mention my hubby got home early from work which NEVER happens! So it was nice to get an early start on the weekend for a change.




Saturday we had a late afternoon  baseball game so it kind of interrupted our Saturday plans, but on the up side ALL of  the family was there in support of our little ball players, they felt extra special and loved. Only one game to go (this Saturday) and the season will be over.



Sunday was wonderful. We played out side, relaxed, accomplished a little of the honey do list I've been compiling and constantly adding to for the last 10 years, and my guys made me feel extra special. They made cook books at their school, with their favorite recipes that I make, and what makes me an extra special mom.  And my hubby gave me an Ipod (long story but lets just say all but my original ipods keep committing suicide (don't ask) and since my "original" is what 5 years old, I desperately needed a new one!) thus furthering my portion of the honey do list, (JK, well sort of) obsession with music.




OK on to more randomness: 

First if you haven't yet, you HAVE to try THESE Snapea Crisps. I found these about I dunno 6 or 7 years ago. and was completely addicted to them when pregnant with my boys. Shortly after they were born, I could no longer find them (I used to have to buy them at specialty stores, and they quit carrying them) anyways MUCH to my surprise on Friday I found them at Walmart of all places!  I really have tried to pace myself and savor them, but I'm afraid this bag will be gone before the day is over. But now I know where to get them from (if all else fails I'll get them off line!) SOOOOO Yummy! I'm planning on trying the rest of what they offer but for now I KNOW the pea crisps are good!


Second, My MIL was out sick last week, and now we are a bit behind on office paperwork, therefore I have volunteered to help play catch up with our office. I know you are thinking really Patty why tell us this. Well long story short, I'm here somewhere, and hoping to be able to complete a blog a day like last week but I'm unsure as to if I'll actually be successful since my "Duties" just quadrupled for this week. Don't be sad I still love you guys, and read your blogs! It just might be at 1 or 2 am instead of the normal 9am-3pm-ish times I normally am around!(hahaha OK not really joking but yeah you get the idea). And it also means my blogs could be lacking in attention and quality for a few days. But I am still going to try and post. Just   in the mean time you guys snap away with those cameras and post your "Photo Fridays" and I'll catch up then if I happen to miss anything!
(this is what I still have left to day as of 5 pm plus my normal monday routine and dinner.)

I hope you have a fabulous week!

What was the best part of your weekend?
(yes they totally posed for this one)

3 comments:

emily said...

Sadly, the best part of my weekend was cleaning the house. Well, not the "cleaning" part, but the "being clean" part. Oh, and sleeping in. Ahh..the simple pleasures in life :)

Katie Potter said...

Soooo many comments.
1) Your two boys were adorable babies.
2) LOVED the cookbook idea. What a creative teacher!
3)Happy Mother's Day!!!
4)Those pea crips DO look good.
5)Good luck with all the extra work this week! :(

Megan said...

Awww, I love the little baby picture. Way too precious!

And in contrast, how grown up do the boys look in the last pool picture?! Goodness, Patty, they look like they've grown a foot since I've seen them! Holy cow!!

your green beans look great!