Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A few things we've been doing this summer Part 1

Mostly this summer has been all about relaxing and enjoying simple little things. I'll list what all we have done but it won't be in chronological order.

I've done a whole lot of cleaning up the back yard and house trying to get it livable and "mine" so to speak. Its finally done and all I can say is WOW why didn't this happen sooner. I'm so much more at peace in my house! After practically having to Strangle, I mean cry (oops did I say that out loud) I finally convinced my hubby to remove the HUGE burn pile from the backyard, because we haven't had any rain since January and its above 100 and so a "bonfire" isn't in the cards.

The boys have had a blast in our back yard hanging out and playing on their pool slide thingy. and just being boys in general. We also bought them a slip-n-slide! This was/has been the GO TO activity this summer! :)




We went horseback riding with pawpaw.


Joshua got his first ever bee sting. OUCH!
We've been fishing numerous times!


We've watched a few Mega blockbusters at the theater. (Sadly of the last 4 Movies I've seen in the theater 3 were superhero related and the other was a cartoon.) I personally thought both movies were oddly pretty good, though I liked Green Lantern just a bit more (maybe its because there was more of a love-ish story or maybe the fact that Ryan Reynolds is in it I'm not really sure. Oh no don't go there I'm married, but hes not bad eye candy, and FUNNY!!! The latter of which is why I said his name to begin with. )

Movie posters and previews can be found here Greenlantern and here Transformers Dark of the moon


We did Fourth of July with my Family on my dads side. It was nice to see everyone, it had been a while since we were all able to get together.
 
Sadly this is the closest we've gotten to fireworks since January. Thanks to the Drought. :(
The boys had their first sleepover and we have plans for more before the summer is out! :)

We baked daddy and paw- paw cupcakes for Fathers day. And have baked a few things since. (one of my boys favorite past times)




The boys are having their birthday party in a few weeks and we've been having a blast together planning that.
(I'll give you a hint)
My husband and I celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary! We didn't do anything extravagant, Just had a date night and hung out together, something we rarely get to do anymore. and I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! :)

(This picture was taken on our honeymoon! 10 years ago!!!)
(This was taken last year, I think its the newest one of both of us together sadly I'm not a fan of pictures with me in them! )


That's pretty much the extent so far (that I remember) I still owe you guys a post on their graduation, and then I already have one typed for their birthday party planning. and I have one halfway finished on how much the boys have grown just over this summer! So I wasn't lying when I said I was going to post, I just haven't been around as much as I'd like to have been. We do have plans for more summer activities and I'm quite sure I've missed some somewhere. lol :)

1 comment:

Katie Potter said...

Glad your house is done!! Looks like you have been having a blast this summer. :) And CONGRATS on reaching 10 years!!!!