Sunday, April 10, 2011

The night I went streaking

NOT LIKE THAT, GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!   (though by the looks I got tonight, you'd think I really was)

       So, normally I wouldn't post so late much less on a weekend, but I had to share this with all of you. Earlier today we went to my sons baseball game. Prior to the game it was cloudy, but I'm so pale I ALWAYS put sunscreen on myself and my boys because I'm overly protective like that

       Now I know I'm pale, (I burnt one time on my left arm THROUGH the car window, sitting for 30 min.s in the car rider line at my boys school.). OK, I mean I could scare a ghost I'm so pale. This is not news to me. So, Even though it was cloudy and we were supposed to only be out in the "SUN" for an hr, I SLATHERED THAT STUFF ON like there was no tomorrow!

        Well I brought the bottle of 75 SPF waterproof sunscreen with me, and since it was a new product I also brought our handy trusty 100 SPF Kids sports lotion. (See I learned to try all new products on me first before putting it on my boys when they were little.)Well we went on an impromptu fishing trip for another 2 hrs AND I REAPPLIED! Leaving me a total of 3 hours max in the "sun" with 2 applications.  I didn't feel like I was burning, but this isn't uncommon usually I don't realize I've burnt for a few hours after .  Well by now I'm sure you guessed it, yup I burnt, big time.

       The reason for the blog post about it is because the sun screen I bought left me streaky,  and severely burnt for someone who applied it 2 times with an overcast sky. I am so thankful I didn't use this kind on my boys, and I'd hate for you guys to try it an it end up burning your babies too.  Coppertone Water babies delicate foaming lotion 75+ SPF. So needless to say I highly recommend NOT using this product.

        Heres where the streaking night came into play. My dad asked to watch the boys tonight. Usually my husband and I only have a "date night" 2 times a year (around christmas, and our anniversary). So you can imagine my husband and I were looking forward to a little romantic time together.

        At the time the plans were made I had no idea I was burnt much less to this extent and so embarrassingly streaky.It's not that it's painful but on me its UBER noticeable. Well as our supposed date night went on, the redder and streakier I got.

       I recieved sympathy looks from people at every store and place we went, and more than enough snickers, and remarks about not wearing sun screen when I swear I REALLY DID!!!!  So date night that was supposed to be romantic and ended up embarrassing and a little painful. :/ Moral of the story when in doubt always go with what you know works best!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

oh dear! I feel your pain, I'm also very pale! Hope that you still had a good time with your husband regardless!

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

Now that's a "what not to wear" pic if I ever saw one. How crazy is that?
Thanks for the heads-up. Sorry it was at your own expense. :(

And I know how important date nights are. Ours are far and few between, too. :(

Sorry, I haven't written back yet. It's been pretty hectic over here...

Sophisticated Steps

emily said...

Owwww! Well that just didn't work at all. How can they continue to sell it?? I hope it doesn't stay red for too long, and also, thanks for the warning!

Kara said...

Oh, man that looks painful. I hope it heals quickly!

Megan said...

Yikes!! That just screams painful!! If I were you'd I'd write a letter to Coppertone expressing your dissatisfation and disappointment in their product. How sad would it be if that happened to a little baby? :(

Katie Potter said...

Oh no!! I agree, I'd definitely write a complaint letter. Noooooo fun.