Tuesday, April 26, 2011

This + This= Bluebonnets?

OK so I know I've alluded here, and here, and here, about a "Project" in the works. So with out further delay it is FINALLY time for the big reveal.  (Warning Lots of pictures in post)

(This + This = Bluebonnets?)




    Every year since my sons were born we have went to the Bluebonnets in the Texas Hill country. This year proved challenging with baseball in full swing, and the fact that we haven't had a stitch of rain since mid January, it wasn't looking too promising. We usually try to make it before the yearly festivals, but yet again that was a no go. Timing as with everything else is key, too early they aren't all up yet meaning puny fields, go to late and  they are wilting and again puny fields.

    Every year for the Bluebonnets I pick a crazy theme and we head on our way. This year was our yellow chairs. Finding chairs that were fluffy and yellow, and were totally the vision in my head, HA, wasn't happening. So this year I improvised and found some cheap chairs and cheap paint. (Please enjoy the mini trip down memory lane with me.)





(Christopher 9 months)



(Joshua 9 months)
(9 months)

    After doing some worrying  research, I found a website called the Bluebonnet report. They pretty much have all the know when it comes to anything Bluebonnets. Needless to say we found us a field, and we were on our way. We drove  8 hours round trip with these huge chairs in the back of my husbands truck. Funny sight to see I'm sure, we did have a few people we passed look at us with curiosity. So anyways heres this years Bluebonnets. :)


















So do you have a family tradition?

3 comments:

Megan said...

AHA!!! I had a feeling it had something to do with those chairs!! Cause I already knew about the yellow paint and then in one of your Easter pics I saw those chairs and knew that they weren't something you had already had......

LOVE this years pics!! The yellow is a great choice to totally *pop* in the bluebonnet fields! As always, you took some wonderful pics of the boys and I really like how your family pics turned out! Send me a copy? :)
GREAT PROJECT, love!!

Katie Potter said...

These turned out great! I would've never thought of painting the chairs. You're soooo creative! I love it.

Tracy said...

First of all, ALL of the bluebonnet pictures are so cute! I love the idea of having that photo tradition...maybe we'll have to come up with one.
And the yellow chairs look awesome. Great idea!