Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekend Recap Easter Edition

Oh goodness, busy weekend full of family time, road trips, adventure, and injury.

Friday we went on a road trip/ adventure something we do as a family yearly since we had the boys, but I will have to post more on that later (expect a big photo post when it comes around).

 Saturday we didn't do much, I got a much needed new refrigerator. (mine was TINY and with 3 growing boys there never was enough room to keep enough "healthy" foods on hand in the fridge)  Here is the link for it. It was so nice to be able to move everything from my overly full fridge to my new fridge and not even fill it up 1/2 way :) (and no we didn't pay nearly that much for it, thank goodness. I've drooled over it for nearly 2 years wishing and finally watched enough sales ads I caught it too cheap to pass up.)

Then on to Easter Sunday. Normally I dye eggs and we hunt "real" Easter eggs but this year my kitchen was in such disarray with us going out of town for the day, then coming home to have to move the fridge, and the list goes on, I didn't ever manage to dye real eggs with the kids. Needless to say this Easter bunny had to mad rush it to the local walmart where 100 or more other procrastinating Easter Bunny's were. But in the end we ended up with 2 very happy little boys so that's what matters most!


(this photo is from iCaughtTheEasterBunny.com, I won a giveaway over at Lovingthelittlethings for a free photo, my boys squeeled and couldn't believe that we got a picture of the Easter bunny setting out eggs!)



Later Yesterday afternoon, the boys got to ride their new bikes, and as all growing little children eventually have to do, they started trying to ride without training wheels.
(the first bike pic. with both boys in it they do have their training wheels the last 2 they do not)
After all the fun, we needed a shower, the boys still shower together, well apparently Chris was getting into the shower holding on to the door, and Josh decided to close the door, even though we don't allow them to close it all the way he thought he'd be cute and do it anyways, he closed (all the way) Chris's little finger in the door. It isn't broken thank goodness but it does hurt him pretty good, so hes stuck like this for about a week. Despite all that it still was a great day! :)
(sorry about the evening post, this was supposed to go out this morning but due to unknown reasons my Internet was acting up)

2 comments:

Megan said...

I checked out your new fridge and it is awesome! It's true...your fridge was ALWAYS so full, so I bet you're loving having more room :)

I'm still waiting for the big reveal on the yellow paint........

Katie Potter said...

Looks like you had a great Easter! And Congrats on the new fridge. :)