Wednesday, April 13, 2011

25 fun(ny) things about little ol' me

In light of my best friend, MEGAN’s recent post about me, showing me the love and all that sweet stuff she said.  I decided I should write a little about myself as sort of a how do you do? / get to know ya sort of thing.  Instead of filling the page full of jibber jabber, babble, LONG rambling rants, over sharing of too much boring nonsense, blah blah blah blady blah blah, ahem, I mean beautifully written prose, I decided to skip straight to the fun random facts. Shall we?

   1.)   I’m a Christian (ok that’s just putting it too mildly, let’s just call a “Holy roller” what it is. A badge I’ll proudly wear!)

   2.)   Obviously, as my little bio on my Google page says, I’m a 27 year old stay- at- home-mommy to twin boys (age 5), I’ve been married 10 years (well on June 30th  it will be so we can round up a bit right?)  My wonderful husband spoils me rotten!

   3.)   I graduated High school a complete year before I should have because I am and always have been an over achiever. I was the feature baton twirler in our schools marching band.
   4.)   I was forced to attend I’ve been to and graduated from floral college. (It’s a real thing) My lifelong dream was to become a kindergarten teacher, and was about ½ way through college, when I found out I was pregnant.  I have since decided I needed a new life long dream.
  5.)   I have a tendency to make up my own words (fantabulous, fantasmic, ect.) and often Mouth fumble for  example I was showing my boys a train one day and said “Look boys that train is killing Mary Terry!” what I should have said was “Look boys that train is carrying military!” I am completely serious this really happened and happens quite often! The worst part is I even think that way, like I’ll think something in my head and it’s all jumbled! Oh and did I mention if you hang around me long enough it’s completely contagious!

6.)   A lot of words can best describe me:  Random, weird, strange, flamboyant, dreamer, STUBBORN, crafty, creative, sensitive, over-the-top, overachiever, smart, silly, LOUD, hyper, calm, intense, positive, Talkative, forgetful, dingy, optimistic, complex, dramatic, imaginative, contradictory, enthusiastic, and that only names a FEW.


   7.)   I am extremely musically inclined. When in school, I played 5 different instruments, and not one of them could I tell you how to play a single note on, it was all sight reading! (I’ve always wanted to learn to play the piano. Music affects my mood. 

   8.)   I love to cook but I’m not a gourmet chef. (not even close)


9.)   I am convinced that I am a touch OCD, a tiny bit ADD, and well just plain ME.

10.)I thrive best in clean, calm, relaxed, peaceful, and well organized environments. Yet I tend to live in a rambunctious, loud ,hectic, messy state of constant  cluttered chaos (not for a lack of trying on my part however)

11.)I often unknowingly have “Foot In Mouth Syndrome”.  Sometimes things I say aren’t always the way they sound, and not until later when I replay the conversation in my head or re-read it, do I realize just how I sounded! OOOPSY!!!!

12.)I rock the mom jeans. OFTEN. (I am convinced that I don’t have a trendy bone in my body!)

13.)I believe Honesty is always the best policy. Throw caution to the wind and just spit it out. Shoot me straight. Even if it hurts my feelings, I will still forgive you for that and respect you for thinking of me highly enough to tell me the truth rather than “beat around the bush” so to speak or lying to me. 
  14.)I take criticism and instruction extremely well, but not compliments or insults. And It’s always best to suggest instead of tell me what to do (see answer 6) If you ask my husband he says subtle suggestion, or sincere sarcasm works best. Ehh I don’t know, you tell me.

  15.)I am an extremely thrifty shopper; it’s a fatal flaw of mine!


  16.)I am ambidextrous, but was forced to be right handed in school. L I personally think it would have been cooler if they’d have let me just keep switching hands! (one of my boys is now facing the same  hardship, poor baby!)

 17.)I freeze under pressure. Put me on a deadline, Time limit, on the spot, or anything with limit on it in subtext and I won't meet it. (I can’t even pee in a cup at the Dr’s office because it’s too much pressure! Jk that only happened once… ok ok maybe it’s happened more than once.)  

18.)I have nightlights all over my house... Not because my children are afraid of the dark, but because I AM! When I am home alone, I leave every light in the house on even in the middle of the day.

   19.)I believe that every day is a new day. Yesterdays problems are not today's. Tomorrow is always going to be better than today.  Optimism and happiness is contagious, and Integrity and respect are earned.

   20.)I am a firm believer in the sayings... "Don’t judge a book by its cover"... "You reap what you sew"..."Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible"... "Do to others as you would have them do to you"...and last but not least "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

   21.)I am a hopeless romantic to the bottom of my very existence and am overly idealistic!
   22.)I believe the best in everyone and everything, which is one of my best and worst qualities .
   23.)I am hopelessly addicted to sweets… No make that salty … no…. wait... Oh heck with it, we’ll just say FOOD!!!!

24.)I love well manicured hands and long nails in spite of the fact that I am a habitual nail biter.

25.)I find Smacking, eating with your mouth open, and talking with food in your mouth EXTREMELY annoying, and have often caught myself staring at people doing so with a look of profound disgust on my face. (And then I catch myself and look away feeling guilty for doing so!)


Thats me in a nutshell. Nice to meet you!  (must be said with a THICK Texas accent!):)

So tell me something interesting/random/ funny about you!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

This was fun to read & learn more about you!

Katie Potter said...

lol such a cute post! I definitely enjoyed it and could relate to quite a few #s.

Rachael West said...

Wow what a great post girl - it was nice to "meet" you and learn a few things.

BTW I'm totally afraid of the dark and always have night lights everywhere you are not alone :+)

Megan said...

Fun post, my dear! And I'm proud to say that I knew all #25!! Not one of them was a surprise to me :) Although I do disagree with one of your points. I don't think you wear mom jeans! You just don't wear the low cut, way too tight jeans that frankly, no one should be wearing :)

J.Mo said...

Glad to meet you!! I decided to post a few things about myself after getting inspiration from this!!