Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sometimes I really just need to remember to breathe.

So, this week has started out all wonky. I had a great weekend only to end up with a child home sick on Monday. (I use the term sick loosely. He ran a fever, that's it. Felt fine just a fever. However school rules state that children are not allowed at school with a fever. So home he stayed.) 


Monday we also received a call that our couch was going to be delivered (You see 2 weeks ago I had the couch warranty people come out and pick up my couch to be repaired, the recliner parts were broken on one side, and it needed a good cleaning. As of Sunday, one week later, they still didn't know they had even received our couch, so Tuesday was a shocker.)  Well lets just say since they had a lack of communication, and didn't correct the problems to my couch, I am now going on my 2nd week without my couch. So needless to say my living room is lacking in places to sit and my house is a wreck and I am frazzled beyond belief, because I just spent the last 2 weeks giving it a massive clean out. *Sigh*


Lets add to that shall we? The same week my couch breaks, my home computer decided to CRASH. I finally got a new home computer over the weekend and spent the day yesterday hooking it up and installing all of the software that my husband I have to have on my computer, and reloading all the documents and pictures and music ect. It's the most used computer we own because both my husband and I use it for business purposes, and needless to say its important! (It usually wears down and requires replacing every few years this one was only a year old!!!)


OH, OH, OH and then my husbands truck decided to break down. You know the truck that he has to have to run his service calls (You know the one that he uses to bring home the bacon). So lets add that to my ever growing frustration list.  Of course I wont burden you with the whole list, this is just the more recient little ones to date.


Just about the time I hit my breaking point for the week, this morning, I had a huge realization. You see all of these small things that get me stressed, really seem petty and totally unimportant when I hear about all the things going on in the world, and our country. I remembered a scripture (Matthew 6:25) and it just made me think no matter the size of the worry or problem it isn't beyond God.  So with that statement, I had a refreshed attitude and can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!




Sometimes I really need to just remember to Breathe. 


2 comments:

Megan said...

I love you for your positive attitude! And you're right, God is surely looking after you and will not give you more than you can handle.

That said, it's still super annoying and frustrating. I hope your couch returns home safely and that Joey's truck gets fixed.

Katie Potter said...

Yikes! Hope next week gets better. Maybe you need to join me on my Vegas vaca for some relaxation. :)