Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My First Blog

So I have had this blog for awhile now, actually so long that it closed down because of lack of use. So of course it then had to re-open it. YIKES!  So please stick with me here because I am new at this, and expect a HUGE learning curve because I have NO idea what I'm doing here when it comes to blogging. The first post might be a little long winded I can talk sometimes. after all I am a southern girl and we girls don't lack in the gift of gab. I have a few goals I'd like to do with this blog.

The first is giving you guys some tips on how to clean and maintain your appliances. Sorry folks but its true there are hidden things that are breaking your appliances and you can't even see them! Unfortunately, yes ladies just another thing to make sure you've cleaned, aside from the visible that its.  My husband owns an Appliance Repair business...well the more accurate description would be EAT, Sleep (what little we do manage to squeeze in) and Breathe appliances. We've owned our own business for 10 years. YOU bet your rear-end I claim to own part of it.  After all I did spend the better part of 8 of those years sharing my home (see I use the term spare bedroom loosely so to say it was in our spare room would also have to include our hallway, front entry way, front porch, back porch, and from time to time the dining room/ kitchen), time, energy, thoughts, blood, sweat, tears, stress, HUSBAND, ect. On making it the success it is today. I may not have my name on the business plan or DBA but I've surely more than contributed in making it work. So I guess you could say we epitomize the term LIVE to work or more so we make it a literal fact. So of course I've picked up some Handy tips and tricks to help you folks out and save some money.

The second is responding to questions, if you have a question about a certain brand or a certain problem I can help! So before you call that home warranty company or your local repairman, check here because it might just be as simple as flipping on a light switch. Trust me when I say it HAPPENS ALL THE TIME! You don't want to spend 100's of dollars when you might be able to fix it yourself in 5 or so minutes for less than 50.

The third is I'd love to share some of my expertise with you guys on other things as well. I mean it when I say I dabble in a little bit of everything.  Not only am I a stay at home mom of twin boys, One has asthma. And a milk product intolerance. My whole family has allergies (ever want to know how to make your home allergy free yes I have tips for that!) me being the worst of them. I have PCOS, but  luckily we still managed to have children and am able to keep my weight decent, I'd love to be a little thinner but mostly I just want to be fit and healthy (trust me when I say it's not an easy road to have to take.) Lets add in the fact that prior to having my boys I was in college to be a teacher. And then there is my mom who bless her heart wanted to go to school to be a florist, but she didn't want to go alone, so she asked if she paid my way if I would go with her. A few weeks later I was a certified florist.  Who knew I'd end up enjoying it A LOT, and I'm pretty good at it to boot. I also love to read and dabble in a little writing as well. I LOVE to garden, I can't remember a time growing up that my dad and or grandpa did not have a garden. Gardening is in my genes, Flowers, Vegetables, Weeds, you name it we try and grow it. Not only is it fun for the kids to grow your own veggies and eat them but it's also so healthy for you! We even as of this year started composting. My dad is what most folks would call a handy man, or maybe even a Do-It-All kind of guy. He builds new homes, remodels’ old ones, landscapes, builds shelves and all kinds of cool stuff, so after all the years of watching him. I've managed to become quite skilled at doing some handy repairs around the house. Can anyone say pass the wrench? So between my husband working a bunch, and the two boys I find myself fixing most broken things around the house.  If I can fix it myself without bothering my husband who has so much on his plate already, I'll do it. With that said you know I have 3 growing boys under my roof (yes my husband counts as a growing boy.) Luckily I have been handed down and discovered some of my family's favorite recipes but be warned I am a Texan so it's all southern cooking, but that doesn't mean it's all fattening.

And Last, I'd love to be able to share with you guys the ramblings of my brain from time to time. And maybe even some of my family adventures. After all raising children is quite entertaining at times. A long time ago before my boys were born my husband and I made a plan to visit every National Park before we pass away. Needless to say we've visited 4 so far (Hey now don't laugh that's a good start, only like 50 left to see!) You really never know what I might come up with to talk about! So please stay tuned and check back often and PLEASE don't hesitate to ask questions! I'll up date again later with a list of what days I'd like to dedicate to which subjects. Thanks for reading! :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!! I know my best friend is going to be a fabulous blogger!! Once you get the hang of it, you'll love it. I know you love writing, and you're a great writer, so I think blogging will be a great fit for you :)

I'm looking forward to reading everything you have to post from now on!