Friday, March 25, 2011

All Shiny and Ready for Summer :)

    Last post for the evening, but I just had to share a little story. I don’t particularly know why but this year I was stuck on these shoes (Flip-flops) I saw in an ad for one of our local stores. I literally would have died for these shoes (Ok I'm being a little on the dramatic side but you can tell I really had it bad for these shoes. *sigh*).

    You should probably know I’m not your typical girly girl in the shoe department. Don’t get me wrong I love shoes but when it comes to the shoe area I usually opt for practical and weigh what’s going to be the most versatile  to what is absolutely cute and un practical because I doubt I have anything that matches it therefore furthering the need for yet another shopping trip and even more spending.

    Anyways it was around the time the rodeo was coming to town so probably late January early February when this ad went out. Of course most of you folks are thinking OH MY FLIP-FLOPS in the dead of winter are you crazy? Well to answer your question no.  We usually do not end up with the traditional winter weather that most of you northern folks are used to. As a matter of fact I think old man winter completely forgot about us this year. While we did have one strong freeze that caused quite a commotion, it didn’t get below the upper 40’s all winter. I think our winter started like Mid December and was gone just after the first of January, and was shortly thereafter replaced with spring which again seems to only have lasted a few weeks because this week it was in the mid 80’s all week long.  So yeah it’s already time to be busting out those summer shorts, dresses, tank tops, and of course the ever so loveable Flip- Flops! J  Long past are the days of blue jeans, jackets, and long sleeved shirts, all of us Gulf coast dwellers will mourn your passing. It was nice while it lasted but too short lived.

      Anyways back to the coveted shoes. OH my how I held on to that sales ad drooling for weeks. We went on a field trip with the boy’s school to the rodeo and I saw this as my opportunity to shop for said coveted shoes! While I did find an enormous array of cute flip flops in a similar style I couldn’t fine MY flip flops. I know call me picky but if you’re going to spend 50 dollars on a pair  (Insert Gasp and You have got to be crazy look here. But hey I did warn you I had it bad!) they dang well better be ones you like. Am I right?

     Well anyways, I left the rodeo thoroughly disappointed and thinking I wouldn’t find my shoes before the season. * Sigh again* Well today, nearly a month later, with full support of my hubby I went for a pedicure and to look for my fancy shoes.  I am proud to announce I found MY SHOES and in my size (8.5). I also found a cute little pair of blinged out sunglasses to boot! And here’s where you can find your own cute blingy shoes http://www.yellowboxshoes.com/


2 comments:

Megan said...

CUTE flip flops! I love them!

Rachael West said...

Oooh they are really pretty - and I bet they feel fantastic. I have a 35 pair and they are like heaven. Although my do not have sparkles and yours do... sigh.

Heading to the site now to check it out. And on a very weird side note I wear and 8.5 too and you are the first person I have known that does... so if I go through my closet again you'll be the first to know ha ha.