Thursday, December 8, 2011

Cute charmed picture frame necklaces

Okie dokie folks, I am WAY behind on my crafting posts lately. So I'm trying to fix that little blunder now. I saw these absolutely adorable picture-frame necklaces and just had to make one of my own. It's so easy you should make one too!

All materials can be found at your local craft store ( walmart sells some cheaper versions, but I must say its worth a few extra dollars for the better quality, and snazzy looking ones) Or you can get a supply bundle here. (please note if you are using a glass tile kit without a frame there are a couple of differences in the technique.These instructions are for framed pictures only.)

You will need:

Scissors
Small needle nosed pliers
Fasteners (also known to the technically inclined myself not included as BAILS)
Picture frame kit of your choosing
Chain of some sort
Picture re sized to 1x1 inch (or however big you want your pictures)
and Charms of any sort you wish


1st- Re size your picture and cut it out the size of the frame: mine was 1x1 inch and I used the glass insert for a stencil.

2nd- Open the frame but be careful not to bend it too far or it will break.


3rd- Insert picture into the frame (between the glass of course)

4th- Careful not to bend too much or force too hard, close the glass in the opened picture frame.

5th- Open the fastener- and close the "loop" from the picture frame inside. Again careful not to bend too far.



6th- Slide it on your chain along with any charm or embellishment you'd like and TA DA there is your super fancy new necklace! I've seen them done with all kinds of insides from pressed flowers to beads, to pictures of cities ect. One of the things I loved about them was that it's completely customizable and can be changed again and again with pictures to suit your mood.

*Please note these necklaces are not waterproof. 


So do you think Hand-made Christmas gifts are ok to give and receive?

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Those are great! I think anyone would be excited to get a handmade gift if it was as good as that one! I actually think handmade gifts are the best sometimes because there's more thought behind it than just a gift card.

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

My sister made me one of these a few years ago with my monogram inside. I love it. Handmade stuff is the best! ;) Unless it's new camera equipment. That always trumps handmade. Haha!