Monday, June 20, 2011

It's fun and games until the dog pops the kiddie pool!

So, first yes, I have been missing on here for most of this month. But its summer and school is out and kids don't entertain themselves (or at least mine won't). Second, well I always have to be busy with something (it's a fatal flaw ask my husband! If I sit still and not do anything for too many days in a row I end up feeling like I'm wasting my life away.) So before I post all the crazy stuff we've been up to lately, I thought I'd share a little story.
My husband works LONG (Emphasis on the long) hours, most of the time taking him well past dark. I REFUSE to learn how to shoot a gun properly, so we brainstormed and had this brilliant idea. Lets get a dog that can help protect the family and send him to training school and start him as a puppy growing up with the boys so that the boys can grow with him and we can enjoy him being part of the family.
My husband says oh I know lets get a Rottweiler they are great dogs. My mom had one when we were younger and really loved having one. She'd probably enjoy having one now (which is true because she said she wanted to steal him when she saw Titan for the first time) I personally think its due to the fact that we have a Boston Terrier and well Bandit was supposed to be a family pet. But quickly became my dog because he prefers me and my squishy lap and behaves more cat like than dog, and so he's not keen on the men in my household. My thoughts are that my husband wanted a dog that would love him but that didn't exactly work out either because Titan is also a mommy's dog! (MMMUUUUHHHHAAAAAHHHAAA! yes I'm evil laughing out loud!)
So fast forward six months later, Titan loves to run, and well my house (especially in its current condition) is not big enough for Titan and the 2 boys to run. It just isn't. (maybe because he's nearly as big is they are I dunno) So his temporary living is in our back yard dog run area. It's a large enough area that he has enough room to do whatever his little doggy heart wants, and he gets daily walks around the block, and we are nearly always outside in the evening because it takes me an hour and a half to water all the plants in the back yard (which is a necessity due to the fact we haven't had a drop of significant enough rain since January) any who, I guess over the last 2 weeks he's learned he can climb/jump the gate and has been doing it regularly. He's not normally the kind of pup that tears things up so we were not really worried. We'd just let him do it and keep putting him back inside when we'd see him out. UH WRONG! Titan got out last night and well you see for yourself. (I think its time for obedient school and command training don't you?)
Thank goodness my dad had the foresight to purchase a warranty for the pool that covers EVERY kind of damage. Needless to say hopefully the pool is only temporarily out of order. But goodness what am I to do with these two now? Its been my go to activity for this HOT (105 degree) summer that has no rain!
(Yep he's only 6 months old! He doesn't look very remorseful does he?)
Paw-paw is coming with a new taller fence today. And we have plans to warranty the pool before the week is out. List of other things Titan decided looked fun : a Large frisbee, my outside flip flops, my squash plants, he ate some tomatoes and bell peppers, one of our toad abodes, and the boys pool slide toys.
How is everyone's summer so far?

I'll be back with some of the fun things we've already done this summer! :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

I understand completely, best friend!!! My kids are actually pretty good about entertaining themselves (even Isabelle from time to time!) but I don't feel like I'm being a very good mommy if I'm leaving them to fend for themselves while I'm doing my own thing.

Hope your summer is off to a good start! Love you :)

Katie Potter said...

No worries. I've been an absentee blogger lately too. :)